Application of Fire Risk Assessment
OBJECTIVES OF SEMINAR
Upon completion of the program, participants will be able:
- To describe the various steps associated with fire risk assessment, as outlined in the SFPE Engineering Guide to Fire Risk Assessment.
- To prepare representative goal statements, objective statements, boundary conditions, and assumptions.
- To prepare a fire hazard assessment.
- To identify a minimum of eight fire scenarios that need to be included in the fire risk assessment.
- To identify the data needs and potential sources of the data needed.
- Evaluate various tools and methods available to assist in preparing a fire risk assessment and determine the appropriate one to be used for a given project.
Who should attend
Architects, Engineers, Registered Fire Safety Engineers, Registered Inspectors, Facility Managers, Building Developers, Senior FSMs, FSMs, SCDF officers, etc.
- Introduction to the SFPE Guide
- Establishing Goals and Objectives
- Establishing Performance Metrics
- Identifying Fire Hazards
- Establishing Fire Scenarios
- Creating Fire Scenario Clusters
- Introduce Application Activity
- Identify Data Needs and Probability Analysis
- Estimating the Fire Risk
- Analysing the Uncertainty
- Determine if the Risk is Acceptable
- Prepare a Partial Fire Risk Assessment for Selected Scenario
Mr William E Koffel, P.E., FSFPE
William Koffel is President of Koffel Associates, Inc.(USA) and Koffel Associates W.L.L. (Qatar), a fire protection and life safety engineering design and consultancy firm, and is recognised as an expert in the fire protection and life safety aspects of codes and standards. Mr. Koffel has a B.S. in Fire Protection Engineering and has over 35 years of experience in providing consulting, engineering design & construction administration, codes and standards development, seminar development and training, product testing and evaluation. Mr. Koffel is active in the development process of the industry’s governing codes, standards and design guidelines including International Code Council (ICC), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE) and Underwriters Laboratory (UL). A former code official with the Maryland State Fire Marshall’s Office, he is a Past President of the SFPE.
IFE Singapore Secretariat
Tel: 6338 9274
Operating Hours: 9.00am – 5.00pm (Mon to Fri)
1) Email the completed form below to: email@example.com , or
2) Post the completed form below to:
The Institution of Fire Engineers (UK), Singapore Branch
32, Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2,
#07-06, Sing Industrial Complex,
Closing Date: 31 July, 2015.
Cheques should be crossed and made payable to “The Institution of Fire Engineers (UK)”. No invoice will be issued. Acknowledgement letter will be issued upon clearance of cheque.
Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis and will be confirmed upon receipt of full payment. No refund will be made for any cancellations but replacements are welcomed. The Organiser reserves the right to postpone or cancel the seminar due to unforeseen circumstances.