NFPA Code Seminars
Many Architects and Engineers in the region are engaging in new overseas projects, particularly in Asean countries where the Authorities are adopting NFPA Standards as the local Fire Standards. Compliance with NFPA Standards is also made mandatory by MNC Clients and their Insurers for significant projects in Singapore and regional countries. Once again, IFE Singapore and NFPA are working together to bring the NFPA training to your doorstep. The requirements of the latest NFPA Standards will be covered in these seminars.
Who should attend
NFPA 750 – Anyone who is involved with the specification, design, installation, maintenance, or approval of water mist fire protection systems including: local authority, engineers, plan reviewers, designers, installers, maintenance personnel, inspectors, manufacturers, insurance underwriters, contractors, facilities professionals, and project managers.
NFPA 2001 – Anyone concerned with the proper design and installation of clean agent fire extinguishing systems for special occupancies, including engineers, architects, designers, risk managers, facility consultants, installers, maintenance personnel, insurance underwriters, project managers and the local authority.
Day 1 – NFPA 750 – WATER MIST FIRE PROTECTION SYSTEMS
31 August 2015
- Background on water mist system
- Development, first applications and evolution into what they are today
- Compare the differences between water mist / water spray / clean agents / hybrid water mist systems
- Explain NFPA 750 and describe how it is applied in the real world through various applications
- Discuss fire demonstration videos of water mist systems in action from manufacturers
Day 2 – NFPA 2001 – CLEAN AGENT FIRE EXTINGUISHING SYSTEMS
1 September 2015
- Overview and layout of NFPA 2001
- Design considerations for total flooding systems
- Design considerations for local application
- Detection, actuation, notification and auxilliary
- Safe use of clean agent systems
- Installation and approval of clean agent systems
- Post-discharge service and system recharge
- System removal
Mr William E Koffel, P.E., FSFPE
Mr Koffel is a Registered Professional Engineer in USA and an authorized trainer of NFPA. He sits on the Board of Directors for AFAA, and SFPE and was President of SFPE in 2003. His speciality fields are fire protection systems, analysis, design, testing and maintenance, building, life safety and fire code analysis, product research and testing, forensic engineering, etc. He is active in the codes and standards development processes and sits on various standards committees of the International Code Council (ICC), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE) and Underwriters Laboratory (UL).
His major projects and activities include conducting licensure, certification, accreditation and engineering surveys, provide engineering support for the design of fire protection improvements and systems, fire protection engineering and code consulting services for new construction and renovation projects, etc.
IFE Singapore Secretariat
Tel: 6338 9274
Operating Hours: 9.00am – 5.00pm (Mon to Fri)
1) Email the completed form below to: firstname.lastname@example.org , or
2) Post the completed form below to:
The Institution of Fire Engineers (UK), Singapore Branch
32, Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2,
#07-06, Sing Industrial Complex,
Closing Date: 31 July, 2015.
Cheques should be crossed and made payable to “The Institution of Fire Engineers (UK)”. No invoice will be issued. Acknowledgement letter will be issued upon clearance of cheque.
Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis and will be confirmed upon receipt of full payment. No refund will be made for any cancellations but replacements are welcomed. The Organiser reserves the right to postpone or cancel the seminar due to unforeseen circumstances.