PERFORMANCE BASED SMOKE CONTROL SYSTEM DESIGN
OBJECTIVES OF SEMINAR
– Understand codes and standards that define the design of smoke control systems
– Learn how fire suppression and smoke control systems are integrated
– Identify at least four design considerations for smoke control systems
– Understand the benefits of performance-based smoke evacuation
– Demonstrate how CFD can be used in performance based fire protection design to more accurately predict tenability and exhaust in atria
– Understand the design criteria & objectives that must be met by smoke management systems and develop suitable criteria
Who should attend
Architects, Engineers, Registered Fire Safety Engineers, Registered Inspectors, Facility Managers, Building Developers, Senior FSMs, FSMs, SCDF officers, etc.
Mr. WILLIAM E. KOFFEL, P.E., FSFPE
William Koffel is President of Koffel Associates, Inc.(USA) and Koffel Associates W.L.L. (Qartar), a fire protection and life safety engineering design and consultancy firm, and is recognised as an expert in the fire protection and life safety aspects of codes and standards. Mr. Koffel has a B.S. in Fire Protection Engineering and has over 35 years of experience in providing consulting, engineering design & construction administration, codes and standards development, seminar development and training, product testing and evaluation. Mr. Koffel is active in the development process of the industry’s governing codes, standards and design guidelines including International Code Council (ICC), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE) and Underwriters Laboratory (UL). A former code official with the Maryland State Fire Marshall’s Office, he is a Past President of the SFPE.
IFE Singapore Secretariat, Tel: 6338 9274
Operating Hours: 9.00am – 5.00pm (Mon to Fri)
You can either
1) Email the completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org ,or
2) Post the completed form below to:
The Institution of Fire Engineers, Singapore Branch
32, Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2,
#07-06, Sing Industrial Complex,
Closing Date: 2nd June, 2017.
Cheques should be crossed and made payable to “The Institution of Fire Engineers (UK)”. No invoice will be issued. Acknowledgement letter will be issued upon clearance of cheque.
Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis and will be confirmed upon receipt of full payment. No refund will be made for any cancellations but replacements are welcomed. The Organiser reserves the right to postpone or cancel the seminar due to unforeseen circumstances.